Our Junior Section is for children from 8 years of age and all abilities are welcome. The Junior team is full of many good athletes, who have potential and could go further, this club helps the Juniors to become more sporting minded.
The Junior Club nights are on Tuesdays at the following times and locations:-
- January and February – no training. Due to changes with the booking requirements at the Leisure Centre (where winter training is usually held) and increased costs it has been difficult to secure the astro turf for January and February so for 2019 the decision has been taken not to hold junior training during these months.
- March 5th – 2nd April – meet at 5pm at the Exe Valley Leisure Centre car park to train in People’s Park.
- 14th April – 21st July – meet at 5.15pm for track training on the grass track at Tiverton High School.
- September – October half term (exact dates tbc) – meet at 5pm for cross country training at Knightshayes (bottom car park near the cricket ground).
- November – December (exact dates tbc) – meet at 5pm at the astro turf at the Exe Valley Leisure centre.
**Please note there is no training during half terms/school holidays.**
Cost for juniors:-
The 1st week is free after that the cost is £2 per training night per child, and a £10.00 per annual membership fee to join Tiverton Harriers.
All of our sessions are run by English Athletic or UK Athletic qualified coaches, so all your children are supervised at all times.
If your child would like to join the Junior Harriers then come along to one of the session or if you would like to find out more contact on of the Junior Coaches contact details here.
Parent helpers/coaching support:-
The junior section has been run by Kerry and Caroline for nearly 15 years and they are now at a stage where they are looking to get some other coaches/parent helpers involved in running the sessions. If this is something you are interested in supporting please get in touch with Caroline using the contact details on the above link.