Tiverton Harriers Grand Prix 2019
Tiverton Harriers are introducing a Grand Prix for 2019 to try and encourage a large Harriers attendance and presence at local races and healthy competition between club members. It will help improve the social aspect of the club and we can all get together to share lifts etc. A list of 18 races over various distances and terrains throughout the year has been compiled, based on what have been popular races amongst Harriers in the past. As this is the first attempt at this format it is very much trial and error and the list of races can be amended in future and going forward.
It is hoped that competing in the Grand Prix will result in prizes for the top three. This is to be confirmed at the upcoming AGM. The format of the prizes will be based on how many people participate and how the results pan out through the year. The aim will be to present the prizes at the end of the year at the Christmas party. As previously mentioned, this will be very much trial and error in the first year. Hopefully after a few teething problems this will be a format that can be taken into future years.
To be in with a chance of winning a prize you must complete a minimum of eight of the races. If more than eight races are completed then a runners best eight will count. Runners will gain points, which will be awarded through the age graded process for each race. 50 points will go to the runner with the highest age graded performance, with 49 for second, 48 for third and so on.
- You must be a fully paid first claim member of Tiverton Harriers.
- You must enter the races with Tiverton Harriers as their club.
- You must wear your Tiverton Harriers vest or T-shirt (can wear your white Bampton to Tiverton vest with the Tiverton Harriers logo on the front as a back up).
- You are responsible for organising your race entry, transport, paying any entry fee and arranging any transfer of race numbers to ensure they are in your name.
- Points will be awarded based on age graded percentages calculated by the Run Bundle Age Graded Calculator.
- It is to be confirmed whether prizes will be awarded and if so, what categories these will be.
- In the event of a tie, the average age graded percentage over the runners best eight races will count.
- Rules, races and format is subject to change.