Each year the club secures a place for one club member at the London Marathon. Any club member which meets the below criteria can express an interest in the place.
To express an interest you MUST:
- Have entered the London Marathon ballot and received a rejection email.
- Have been a Tiverton Harriers first claim member for the full year i.e. since 1st April.
- Be registered with England Athletics.
- Express your interest as detailed below by the closing date of the last Friday in October.
- Be fully committed to taking up the place.
- Register your details with Virgin London Marathon and pay for your place if you are successful.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to express your interest in the club place please email the Club Secretary, Phil Spencer at firstname.lastname@example.org forwarding your ballot rejection email and stating whether or not this would be your first time running the London Marathon. Please clearly title your email London Marathon Expression of Interest.
The place will be allocated on the following criteria in order of importance:
- Regular attendance at both Tuesday and Thursday training during the year.
- Volunteers for the club (this may be a via a committee position, helping with Junior training, organising social events or assisting at Bampton to Tiverton for example).
- Regularly represents the club at races.
- Has previously expressed an interest in the club place but been unsuccessful.
- Has never run the London Marathon.
Applicants will be informed as to whether or not they have been successful by the end of November.