After being absent over the past two years, the Club Championship will be back in 2022! The Grand Prix is made up of 24 events across the year, each earning you points. Your score at the end of the year will be made up of your eight best results, out of any combination of race / social / handicap points.
In a change from previous years, the 2022 calendar will include both races and social runs. Points will be awarded for races based on your age graded performance. A fixed number of points will be awarded for taking part in a social run. We are also planning on holding the Tuesday handicap 5k each month, and your results will count towards the grand prix.
2022 Club Championship Calendar
The planned calendar so far is…
Sun 9 Jan – Exeter Green Circle (social) – 14m road & trail
Sat 22 Jan – Exmouth Parkrun
Sat 12/Sun 13 Feb – Exeter Half Marathons
Sun 27 Feb – Castle Hill Corker – 6m trail
Sun 6 Mar – Bideford Half Marathon
Sat 19/Sun 20 Mar – Granite Way 20/10m
Sun 10 Apr – Templeton Trail Race
Mon 18 Apr (Easter) – Culmstock Beacon (social) – 8m trail
Mon 2 May – Uplowman 10k Race
Fri 13 May – Run Exe Relays
Sun 12 Jun – Dartmoor run (social) – trail
Sat 25 Jun – Cranbrook Parkrun
Wed 13/Thu 14 Jul – City Runs Exeter 10ks
Sat 16 Jul – Haytor Heller – 6m trail
Sat 3 Sep – Haldon Forest Parkrun
Sun 18 Sep – Dulverton 5k & 10k Trail Fun Run + Canicross
Sun 25 Sep – Barnstaple Marathon & Half Marathon
Oct – Exmoor Challenge (social) – 16m trail
Sun 6 Nov – Bideford 10 miler
Late Nov – Bicton Blister – 10k or 10m trail
Dec – Social run
Sun 18 Dec – Wellington Monument Race – 10k mostly road
We are still awaiting dates for some autumn and winter events.
2019 Grand Prix Results
The 2019 Grand Prix race results are available to view here:
- You must be a fully paid first claim member of Tiverton Harriers.
- You must enter the races with Tiverton Harriers as your club.
- You must wear your Tiverton Harriers vest or T-shirt (can wear your white Bampton to Tiverton vest with the Tiverton Harriers logo on the front as a back up).
- You are responsible for organising your race entry, transport, paying any entry fee and arranging any transfer of race numbers to ensure they are in your name.
- Points will be awarded based on age graded percentages calculated by the Run Bundle Age Graded Calculator.
- There is no guaranteeing there will be prizes for this. This is just a bit of fun.
- In the event of a tie, the average age graded percentage over the runners best eight races will count.
- Rules, races and format is subject to change.