After the success and popularity of the Grand Prix in 2019 we are continuing this into 2020. It worked in encouraging members to race more and attend the same races to create a bit of a team feel, camaraderie and support at races.
Again, I have included 24 races, a lot are the same as in 2019 but have made a few amendments to some of them for various reasons. To be in with a chance of winning a prize you must complete a minimum of eight of the races. If more than eight races are completed then a runners best eight will count. Runners will gain points, which will be awarded through the age graded process for each race. 50 points will go to the runner with the highest age graded performance, with 49 for second, 48 for third and so on.
Hopefully there will be some prizes again for different categories and spot prizes.
(majority of races dates are to be confirmed):
January 4th – Taunton Parkrun
January 19th – First Chance 10k
February 8th & 9th – Exeter Half Marathon
February 23rd – Castle Hill Corker (6 mile trail race)
March 8th – Bideford Half Marathon
March 22nd – Granite Way 20 mile or 10 mile
April 5th – Taunton Half Marathon & Marathon
April – Templeton Cross Country Run
May (tbc) – Parkrun
May 25th – Bampton to Tiverton
June – Run the Exe Relays
June – Torbay Half Marathon
July – Exeter 10k
July 19th – Grand Western Canal 10k
August – Haldon Forest Flyer (5 mile trail race)
August – Run the Exe 5K Series Round 5
September – City to Sea Marathon & Ultra
September – Barnstaple Half Marathon & Marathon
October (tbc) – Parkrun
October – Exmoor Stumble & Stagger
November – Bideford 10 miler
November – Bicton Blister & Blister Lite
December – Westward League Cross Country, Exeter
December – Wellington Monument Race
2019 Grand Prix Results
The 2019 Grand Prix race results are available to view here:
- You must be a fully paid first claim member of Tiverton Harriers.
- You must enter the races with Tiverton Harriers as your club.
- You must wear your Tiverton Harriers vest or T-shirt (can wear your white Bampton to Tiverton vest with the Tiverton Harriers logo on the front as a back up).
- You are responsible for organising your race entry, transport, paying any entry fee and arranging any transfer of race numbers to ensure they are in your name.
- Points will be awarded based on age graded percentages calculated by the Run Bundle Age Graded Calculator.
- There is no guaranteeing there will be prizes for this. This is just a bit of fun.
- In the event of a tie, the average age graded percentage over the runners best eight races will count.
- Rules, races and format is subject to change.