Club London Marathon Place
Each year the club secures a place for one club member at the London Marathon. Any club member which meets the below criteria can express an interest in the place.
To express an interest you MUST:
- Have entered the London Marathon ballot and received a rejection email.
- Have been a Tiverton Harriers first claim member for the full year i.e. since 1st April.
- Be registered with England Athletics.
- Express your interest as detailed below by the closing date which we will announce.
- Be fully committed to taking up the place and taking part in this year’s event and not plan to defer your place (we will miss out on a club place the subsequent year if the place is deferred).
- Register your details with the London Marathon organisers and pay for your place if you are successful.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to express your interest in the club place, please let us know at a club night, message us at the Harriers Facebook page, or email email@example.com. We will need to see your ballot rejection email and let us know whether or not this would be your first time running the London Marathon.
The place will be allocated on the following criteria in order of importance:
- Regular attendance at both Tuesday and Thursday training during the year.
- Volunteers for the club (this may be a via a committee position, organising social events or volunteering at the Uplowman 10k for example).
- Regularly represents the club at races.
- Has previously expressed an interest in the club place but been unsuccessful.
- Has never run the London Marathon.